viernes, 16 de marzo de 2012



PRONOUNS

Most pronouns stand for a noun or a noun phrase. I, me, and related pronouns stand for the speaker or writer. The word or words that a pronouns stands for are its reference or antecedent.

There are different kinds of pronouns and theses are the following:

Personal pronouns



Examples:
* I was playing soccer yesterday.
* She has cleaned her house.
* We are the best friends.

Object pronouns





Examples:
* Can you do me a favor please?
* Midey explained me the homework.
* Manuel helped us to do the power point presentations.

Possessive pronouns and possessive adjectives



Examples:
* This pet is yours.
* That is cindy`s book, but this is mine.
* Their computer is very different to  ours.
* Those are their tables.

Reflexive pronouns




Examples:
* Peter is able to tell a story himself.
* Blanca is old enough to go on the bicycle by herself.

Indefinitive pronouns



Examples:

*Nobody brought her homework.
* In the soap there is something.

Demonstrative pronouns



Examples:

* This is my pencil.
* That book is very expensive.

Relative pronouns




Examples:
* I have met a boy who is very intelligent.
* This is the book that I read yesterday.
* He is the man whose daughters get good grades.

Interrogative pronouns





Examples:
*Who is eating in the kitchen?
* Whose book is this?
* Which of the girls is your sister?

Video about pronouns












No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario